Abuse of staff?

PlzTelMeimPretty
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want an explanation

Post  Min3r_St3v3 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:47 am

I agree. Plz didn't do anything rude. was on fpr more then 5 hours and he barley spoke. What is going on here?

Min3r_St3v3
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoda on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 am

I can't claim to know why, but out of curiosity, did he unmute himself and get re-muted. Because back when he *was* muted, he went and decided to be all defiant and repeatedly unmute himself until he got banned.

One of the things that I have noticed that is wrong with Plz's approach to all of this is his entitlement. All the BS about Freedom of Speech and stuff, the demanding explanations, and claiming that nobody has a right to ban him when in fact the server's owner is the one who handed out the mutes and eventual ban are clear evidence of this.

In short, the internet isn't a country. You have no rights on the internet. And playing on another player's privately owned server is very much like entering another person's home--and it is exactly *unlike* speaking publicly. In a person's home, you obey their rules or you are in violation of the law. Maybe some folks aren't quite clear on how all this works, but FYI, if a person here in the "freedom and rights" USA asks you to leave their home, they do not owe you an explanation. If they ask you to leave, you leave. Else, they call the cops and you get arrested. If you go into a person's house and scream sexual and profane stuff and they ask you to stop, you stop. And if you don't, you get arrested. In a person's private home, you don't make the rules, and the constitution of the United States doesn't grant you anything.

Finally, disagreeing with a penalizing action such as a mute or a ban is not justification for circumventing it. Just like if you rob a convenience store and get chased by cops, you aren't suddenly justified to shoot the police. Once you've done something wrong, the best course of action is to unconditionally apologize and if it is unclear what got you into trouble, then to ask--without demanding a response, because one isn't owed, but in hopes of avoiding trouble in the future. The worst response is to circumvent the punishment, and then go off on a tirade about rights and demand an explanation, because that course of action puts you in the wrong in so many different ways that it's certain to be far worse than whatever slight initial problem you caused.

Anyways. You did something the owner did not want to see on his server, and that was all. A simple not doing it again probably would have been splendid Sad

Yoda
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Min3r_St3v3 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:03 am

Yoda wrote:if it is unclear what got you into trouble, then to ask--without demanding a response
This is true.

Min3r_St3v3
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PlzTelMeimPretty on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Yoda, Did I ever say that I don't know why I was banned? No I didn't.

I said I deserved the ban for unmuting myself.

But I didn't deserve the mute in the first place since I didn't break any rules.

Swing said I disrespected 530junior??? But did I??

I talked to him and he said I never offended him or disrespected him

So yoda, or anyone else, what rule was it that I broke?

PlzTelMeimPretty
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PlzTelMeimPretty on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Also yoda... Some of the stuff you say is true but other make no sense...

But what would I know... It's not like studying LAW!!!(sarcastic, I am studying law)

Anyways you said I after doing something wrong I should of just apologized....

I would of but what did I do wrong?

I didn't disrespect, I didn't spam, I didn't break the rule of limit my swear words... What was it?

PlzTelMeimPretty
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PlzTelMeimPretty on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Okay okay. I agree. Want I said was wrong. I should of used common sense.

But 2 day mute wasn't a reason punishment.

There was only 2 world I said that were bad and I think max mute should of been 2 hours not 2 days.

I was wrong but so was the punishment

PlzTelMeimPretty
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top