PerthCraft

Life Vest Inside (Don't read if you're allergic to kindness.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life Vest Inside (Don't read if you're allergic to kindness.)

Post  x_Madi_x on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 am

Hello.
You all know me, and I should just introduce myself anyways.

My name is Madi, and I am a proud Kindness Ambassador (shocker to most people, hah. But let me finish.)

What my job is, is to send my kindness around the world.

But first, let me explain what Life Vest Inside (LVI) really is.

But if you don't mind, please watch this video, then read what I have to say:

As you saw in that video, helping one person can do so much for that person, many people, and you. LVI is here to remind people that you can change someone, something, or even your whole community with just one kind gesture.

There's many things you can do, like:

-Smiling:
The nice thing about smiles, in my opinion, is that they’re simple, comforting, cheerful, unassuming, and pleasant.  When you smile at a stranger, and I understand that even though you may never see them again and it doesn’t seem all that important at the time, you might only get that one chance to give them a smile.  And you never know just how important or pleasurable that one smile might be to them and it sure feels good to offer it.

-Saying a simple "Hello" or "Hi.":
When you're walking past someone, even a stranger, try to acknowledge their presence or even just a wave or a nod in their direction. Adding the smile to this can make it all the more friendly. Other parents always like kids that say hello and how do you do, and so do friends.

-Ask people how they are doing:
Take the time to ask someone how things are going in their lives, without being nosy or intrusive. If they seem resistant to talking, let it go and leave them alone unless you really know them and feel you can ask. They will then understand that you're trying to care for them and not assume that you are a prying person, which you are not.

Even if you really don't like someone, like a bully, or an ex girl/boy friend, ex-bestfriend, anybody. Show them you're happy, and it might make them mad, but it's better than moping and showing off the fact you're upset. Don't lie about your emotions, just try to make the situation better by:

-Watching a Movie
-Eating your favourite snack
-Playing a videogame

Even more!

Bullying is huge around the world.

Did you know?:

- It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Source: National Education Association.
American schools harbor approximately 2.1 million bullies and 2.7 million of their victims. Dan Olweus, National School Safety Center.
- 1 in 7 Students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
- 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- 15% of all school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
- 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- 1 out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
- 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.

What we can do is stick up for the people who are being bullied to the bullies. Bullies can be of any age, and many kids under the age of 16 has committed suicide because they were bullied and felt the odd one out.

When YOU think there's a kid who is the odd one out, or when YOU see a kid/teenage/adult/elder being bullied, STAND UP TO THEM.

"Bullied bus monitor Karen Klein, a year since she was bullied by teens on a bus, says she hasn't changed much despite the occasional stranger asking for a photo and the $700,000 donated to her by supporters."

This woman, Karen Klein, started her own campaign because she was being bullied (as said above) but teens. They were calling her fat, hideous, and even kept telling her to kill herself. But this woman didn't back down. Soon enough, a person posted a video that was recorded and put it on his private Youtube channel and made it clear at how wrong, and terrible this was.

Through this, she had supporters and donators who had given her $700k, and she used $100k to start her own anti-bullying campaign.

This woman, in my opinion, is an idol across the world.

You can view her website here:
http://news.karenkleinfoundation.org/

This is not the Youtuber who put this video up, but here is the video:

I'm sorry if this has no interest to you, but if you don't want to change the world, then don't read on.
LVI is doing a Kindness Revolution.

I am inspired by Ms. Orly (The Founder of LVI) because she has been helping over 30 MILLION people!

And we need YOUR help.

That video pretty much explains what I was going to type next. If you want to help, please please click my referral link:

http://igg.me/at/lifevestinside/x/4112480

And check it out.

Let's make kindness viral.

Thank-you.

Let us party until our wieners fall off.
x_Madi_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top