PerthCraft

I have no idea but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have no idea but...

Post  Becca on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 pm

So, I thought..
What could we add to Perthcraft, and a few things hit me..

A HungerGames Arena, Some people love pvp but pvp in the pvparena is just getting old.
Why not have a fight for survival c;

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/thehungergames/

I can guarantee this plugin works, and a few people would know why.
And also, they'd know why it's fun c;

It can cause some fuss but in the end it's worth it, It's fun, It's addicting, you just want to do it over and over.

And maybe also..

Mob Arena..
Granted the perms will have to be set because the rewards and stuff are a bit iffy :Pmaybe disable the bit that allows mcmmo skills to be gained..

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mobarena/

Mob arena allows a player/players to either co-op or solo through waves of spawning mobs, through bosses and specials, and get rewards and skill levels
And I know we have an arena or two in the EventWorld so why not get a plugin and have players start using those buildings..

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have no idea but...

Post  Frodomann1 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:43 am

Hunger Games takes up a lot of ram, not sure how much we are using ATM but it take a TON! (Multiverse also sucks up a ton as well.) Source: Runs a server with Hunger Games
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:37 am

Only hunger game maps take up a lot of RAM,

This plugin is for an arena, and with the event world, i'm sure we can make one, It barely takes up RAM, that I've kept an eye on.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

In support of this, they are both fun to play. The HG plugin allows for multiple arenas to join where as the mob arena can only have one arena to port to (according to my knowledge). The only con would be building them as they can take time to make. Well, there is world edit, but you get the idea.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Lol..
both of these plugins supports multiple arenas, you can have as many as you want, and the only arena we'd actually have to build is a hunger games one, which only takes a few hours depending on the theme and build size.
And in saying that, the mob arena plugin has built in arenas, meaning you can spawn one that's been designed and made by one of the coders/dev's/creators.

We have multiple mob arenas in the event world, and they aren't being used, so why waste the space.

It's fun, It's easy, It's addicting, It's just what Perthcraft needs.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:15 am

I actually really like this idea.

But I think we have things that need to be done before we add new things.

For example:

The Parkour Course, Update the Hall of Fame, fix Donor World, etc.

Plus, we only see maybe 20 people on a day at the most.. Will we have enough players who are interested?
Maybe people will think something's unfair.

Swing'll have to do a lot of perm fixing with it too. Like.. donators can't fly, use godmode, use vanish, can't Mob Disguise.. I'm sure that's the easy part though.

Though I see things being created but never finished, and that's what I'm scared about.

Props to you for bringing this up. c:

Let us party until our wieners fall off.
x_Madi_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:30 pm

I understand what you're saying and I agree, there's so much that's unfinished, yet I thought maybe just some new thing would get people playing longer and be happier about it, then maybe that'll give some people the urge to finish the unfinished buildings we have, the lava parkour I've been excited about for months yet It was a spiddles thing and still hasn't been done,

Mob arena was quick and simple, since we already had an arena I didn't think it'd be too much of a hassle or problem it was a quick and easy install and set up.

by the looks of it people are having fun with it, but just how long that'll last, we'll have to wait and find out.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 pm

I give it ~ a month before the hype about it dies down. It's a great addition but people are focusing on their survival world and nothing should be in the way of that. Things like the Parkour Course, the Arena and quite possibly the mob arena are things that people play when they're bored, it's true. I always see "Hey, I'm bored, want to do some PvP?". This is a habit that should be abolished. Rather as something to do when you're bored, make it so people want to play it. For example, the rewards from the mob arena. You get up to the hard spider and you die. You end up getting 12 dirt, a minecart with furnace, a feather and some other random junk, I mean seriously, for all the hard work that the players do, at least up the reward tier. Perhaps in the first round, the player(s) get 2 iron ingot, next round, they get 2 more, then 3, 3, more and then move to gold ingots etc. Do you see what I'm saying? Make people want to actually go there out of joy rather than "Hey, wanna PvP? I'm bored."
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Inv3rt3d wrote: Perhaps in the first round, the player(s) get 2 iron ingot, next round, they get 2 more, then 3, 3, more and then move to gold ingots etc. Do you see what I'm saying? Make people want to actually go there out of joy rather than "Hey, wanna PvP? I'm bored."

If we did that, the economy would be worse than what it is, giving out so many ores at a point, people will stop using the shops and going mining because well simply do a few levels in the mob arena and get 5824959294 ores, now sell them in the shop and you can rank up like a click of a finger.

I suggested HungerGames Because It's pretty much pvp, It's pvp with a twist, instead of having all that Pvparena fighting and people seeing "anyone want to PvP?" all the time, why not try the hunger games, it's better than fighting someone in a small room, you have a whole arena to just open chests and hide and sneak up on people, It's a lot more exciting then simply entering a pvp arena and just shooting/hitting someone.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:36 pm

In the first part of what you said, perhaps not ores, you're right about that but something higher tier should be rewarded to players who reach a high enough level. The current rewards are pretty much junk. "Congrats, you worked your arse off, have 12 dirt" isn't really something I look forward to seeing. Secondly, it's not that often that people will want to play hunger games when they have a survival world to catch up on, people will get bored of it. Instead of "Go to the arena", we'd have "Guys, join HG". And people can't tp others to them once they're in the arena so asking them to come is the only way. It is a great idea, which I think we need a tournament for, but these are just some points that may come up in regards to PerthCraft's new features.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top