PerthCraft

Skyrim Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrim Chat

Post  mouse16345 on Thu May 23, 2013 12:01 am

I have been playing Skyrim a lot and I wanted to get opinions from other people! First question: light armor or heavy armor
mouse16345
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skyrim Chat

Post  Inv3rt3d on Thu May 23, 2013 8:37 am

Heavy armour all the way. Firstly, the dragon priest masks are heavy classed. Secondly, the daedric ebony chestplate that damages others, heavy armour. Thirdly, it gives a higher armour rating and is worth more when sold. My fourth point is if you're concerned that it's going to take too much room and over-encumber you, enchant one of the armour pieces with an enchantment that grants more room. The difference in speed is tiny anyway. But I play as a sort of Warrior-Mage who uses swords up close and spells from afar. It's quite efficient.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milly4life on Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 am

the funny thing about armor rating is that it caps off somewhere around 500. so if you can get your light armor to or past this point, then you should never even think about using heavy armor.

RP characters are more fun, the whole point with them is to find ways around enemies instead of just button mash to win. but saying that you can buy a house on legendary while using nothing but a iron dagger is rewarding task.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Skyrim:Roleplaying_Challenges
milly4life
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Thu May 23, 2013 2:52 pm

I don't have the best items nor a lot of money, it takes several blocks and strikes to kill as I'm on adept. I play on PS3 so I can't use the console anyway. I find dwarven ruins quite annoying.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche on Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I have reinforced enchanted Glass armor on my Wood Elf Mage and I don't question not using other higher-tier light armor. I used enchanting and blacksmithing buffing potions while reinforcing and enchanting my armor (+ 40% better outcome) and I have my regen and reduced spell cost high enough that anything I cast in Destruction (even Master spells) are absolutely free. The rest of my enchantment went into increasing my damage output, and increasing my carry limit (because I'm a packrat and I LOOT ALL OF THE THINGZ). I am untouchable Laughing . Though those dragons that do nothing but frost breath literally whoop the shit outta me. Anything melee though, pah, feels like the wind blowin'. Don't bog yourself down with heavy armor (even as a melee class) when you can enchant and reinforce light armor to do the same thing, because then if you absolutely need to, YOU CAN RUN THE F3CK OUTTA THERE HAAAAH.

My slave wonderful partner Lydia however, is rocking daedric reinforced/enchanted armor and NEVER DIES. Except you know, when she steps in front of me and gets a fireball to the back of the head too many times.

Edit: (Looking back at this post I (used way too many) of these parenthesis) (HAH) (LOLZ)
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 pm

You have to go through that work levelling up your repair and it's quite hard to find glass items anyway. Why not reinforce and enchant heavy armour?
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mouse16345 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 am

I like light Armor like psiiche said if you need to Gtfo you can get out quicker. Next question one-handed or two-handed
mouse16345
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Another easy one. One handed by far. Attacks are quicker with one handed weapons and the difference in damage isn't big. Best thing would be a high-damage enchanted sword with windbreaker as the shield. The best one handed weapons are swords as they're quicker than the rest and look better. If I remember correctly, I have an Ebony mace that does 56 normal damage + the enchantment. What's better than ebony? I think glass is.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mouse16345 on Fri May 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Inv3rt3d wrote:Another easy one. One handed by far. Attacks are quicker with one handed weapons and the difference in damage isn't big. Best thing would be a high-damage enchanted sword with windbreaker as the shield. The best one handed weapons are swords as they're quicker than the rest and look better. If I remember correctly, I have an Ebony mace that does 56 normal damage + the enchantment. What's better than ebony? I think glass is.
glass and dragonbone and dedric
mouse16345
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Fri May 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Glass is very hard to find, dragonbone items are quite hard to make and daedric weapons come only from specific quests. So I guess Ebony is the easiest to find 'good' sword.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche on Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Inv3rt3d wrote:Glass is very hard to find
Inv3rt3d wrote:it's quite hard to find glass items

You got a twitch or somethin'? Glass is everywhere in raw materials, you buy malachite (ore and smelted) to make Glass armor. If not through merchants, once you get to Whiterun at the beginning of the game they offer a quest to save a trapped citizen that was kidnapped by the Thalmor. Once you get to the camp he's at ALL of the melee guards are wearing glass armor. you can be creative on how you get it off them Wink

But yeah. Enchanting and Blacksmithing take time to level up, but if you want pointers on how to make it super easy let me know. They both have a way to cheat the system xD
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoskie on Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 pm

I feel completely left out because I don't have Skyrim Sad

Zoskie
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Mon May 27, 2013 9:36 am

Psiiche wrote:
Inv3rt3d wrote:Glass is very hard to find
Inv3rt3d wrote:it's quite hard to find glass items

You got a twitch or somethin'? Glass is everywhere in raw materials, you buy malachite (ore and smelted) to make Glass armor. If not through merchants, once you get to Whiterun at the beginning of the game they offer a quest to save a trapped citizen that was kidnapped by the Thalmor. Once you get to the camp he's at ALL of the melee guards are wearing glass armor. you can be creative on how you get it off them Wink

But yeah. Enchanting and Blacksmithing take time to level up, but if you want pointers on how to make it super easy let me know. They both have a way to cheat the system xD
Ugh, didn't know that. But if any of those quests are in Markarth, I'm dead. I've got over 4000 bounty there as a thieves guild quest went really wrong, killed 2 people and 2 guards.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BobRuby on Thu May 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Light Armor, because the Nightingale armor makes you look like Batman. Seriously, I went full thief/assassin, and the Nightingale armor was worth slogging through the quest line. Much better than the Dark Brotherhood quests, although the double backstab gauntlets were good.

BobRuby
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Alrighty, alrighty. I value all those who say light armour and I'll discontinue that rant.
New question:
What is your style of attacking?
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 on Fri May 31, 2013 3:24 pm

I save alot...
firstbase21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mouse16345 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 am

Style of attack. go in for the kill when low on heath just back up and heal
mouse16345
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am

Sword, shield and ranged magic (fireball, adept level) is my combat style. I use an enchanted Ebony Mace and Windbreaker. Using this strategy setup, I haven't gone to a level of critical health or died before.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mouse16345 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:02 pm

next question is for dawnguard owners
Do you find it annoying that you always get jumped by vampires/dawnguards. I do
mouse16345
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down