PerthCraft

Mcmmo, Afk Skilling/ Whatever. - A.k.a My ranting opinion that doesn't matter :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mcmmo, Afk Skilling/ Whatever. - A.k.a My ranting opinion that doesn't matter :D

Post  Becca on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:36 am

Mcmmo is there to level up along the way of playing, It's like a perk for building or excavating land for a build, A reward when getting ores,
I do admit afk skill machines are a bit out there, But it's their levels, They choose to cheat it out, One point or another we all do something that cheats the mcmmo system,
We take the time to level it up, What's wrong with that, In the end we're only benefiting ourselves from cheating at it.
If you want to level up fairly then fine, No need to boast about others leveling up faster than you or going out of their way and being stupid to cheat their way, it won't stop them from doing it.
Others also say someones cheating at it when they just spend hours a day at working on a skill level because they want the perk that comes with leveling up so much,
Like people for excavation, They dig out deserts and pointless pieces of land to get to 350 to dig up diamonds,
Fishers harder yet easy at the same time, Also has really good perks at certain high levels,
Miners well that one kinda a downer as blast/tnt stuff doesn't work, which is a good thing.

One point or another we will all cheat the Mcmmo system to level up, Maybe not dramatically like others, but we will surely enough all end up doing it, whether we realize that or not.

they bid the time/not much effort and achieve it, Then let them.

If it gets majorly out of control then i suggest something being done,
All i'm hearing is afk fishers, yet i've noticed so many other afking machines like the acrobatics,few buckets of water and a piston you can leave for hours.

May i also bring up,
The enderman farms,
The first Frodo and i built, And the second one i built when the end got reset,
It counts as a Major Mcmmo skill cheater, Yet you guys choose to use it, Swords, Unarmed, Axes, You don't bloody well do it for the enderpearls, And none of you can say that you do because when i ask why you use it, Every one of you reply with "Sword Skill" or unarmed.

Hence cheating the system.

This will all blow over i a few weeks like every other Thing has, As for example The farming/Selling Exploiting, It got put to an end yet continually brought up because it was still going on, And people are still doing it today,

It's just another thing everyone wants to do yet does, It's a craze and another will come along and take it's place, Wait it out longer, If it continues then sure, Step in and do something, In the end Mcmmo will probably be removed and Then we'll all be out of luck.

I'm getting so tired of coming online and people telling me someone afk'd and got their skill up by doing this or someones afking this right now like honestly, focus on your perthcraft Builds and stuff, Don't mind what they're doing they'll get dealt with sooner or later, Karma.

Note this is a pointless rant that's not even a rant and it's fairly long so if you do end up reading it, read it all, If comments are made and get out of hand, If blaming happens, i will personally lock and delete this thread.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well put.

Post  silo44 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 am

I can see your point of view, but there is a fine line. If you are going to allow it, allow it. If not, then don't allow it. But we cant have this in the middle thing. We need to post this on the rules if we don't want it, or inform everyone to do it if they please. If we just get the people who are doing it, they will be the only ones who even feel the rule. There are more people who do it that arn't caught then people who do it and are. So we need to decide; allow it, or not.
silo44
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mcmmo, Afk Skilling/ Whatever. - A.k.a My ranting opinion that doesn't matter :D

Post  Becca on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

The only real way to stop it is to remove Mcmmo, And I don't think anyone wants that.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mcmmo, Afk Skilling/ Whatever. - A.k.a My ranting opinion that doesn't matter :D

Post  firstbase21 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:42 am

*you cannot sit in a acrobatics grinder for hours... You'll stop regaining heath after several minutes after your hunger depletes and then you'll die. I have an xp grinder that works the same way.
firstbase21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 am

1. Sit in afk acrobatics grinder
2. Come back every 15mins and eat.
3. Gain acrobatics while doing other things (Such as Homework, Reading, Watching a movie/tvshow/anime)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How everyone seems to be doing it.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Becca wrote:

May i also bring up,
The enderman farms,
It counts as a Major Mcmmo skill cheater, Yet you guys choose to use it, Swords, Unarmed, Axes, You don't bloody well do it for the enderpearls, And none of you can say that you do because when i ask why you use it, Every one of you reply with "Sword Skill" or unarmed.

This is what stuck out the most. I'm glad I can finally see your point of view. But.. Everyone has mob spawners. If that's cheating, well.. You might as well punch everyone in the face.

Let us party until our wieners fall off.
x_Madi_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:33 pm

x_Madi_x wrote:
Becca wrote:

May i also bring up,
The enderman farms,

This is what stuck out the most. I'm glad I can finally see your point of view. But.. Everyone has mob spawners. If that's cheating, well.. You might as well punch everyone in the face.

but mob grinders people have, are from spawners, It only gives you exp levels and a bunch of mob drops.
Which can be exploiting if you set up the grinder right..
Because .. Mob drops and selling = money and money = economy and economy = we're all screwdrivers.

I think.. Maybe it'd be easier if we just threw bricks at people..

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

How does a ban of all efficient methods of level gaining in mcmmo sound? Unfair edge on other players? Simply don't do it.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milly4life on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:26 pm

there is a difference between cheating and farming.

Farming is doing things the right way, just in bulk. People put time into the game (a lot of time), and they get the rewards that they earned.

Cheating putting minimal effort into something, and getting rewards that are game changing, like a diamond every shovel of sand you dig.

But in the end, what would you rather have. A cool and amazing building that makes people feel physically intimidated by your amazing and beautiful creativity that people know they will never be able to build on their own. Or lvl 1,000 in mining, fishing, excavation, herbalism, swords, axes, unarmed, and acrobatics. That just kinda makes people think, wow she has been here a while, but I have done that on other servers so meh.
milly4life
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamsparta2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Im with Inv3rt3d... i mean, i would allow enderman farming because you are taking the time to do it.. but like a acrobatics grinder, or afk fishing shouldnt be allowed.
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Milly hit i right on the head.

Post  silo44 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:26 pm

I totally agree... Farming in bulk could create problems with the economy, but people at least farm there stuff. With AFK skill things, it gives you all of a reward for minimal effort. It's like in the stock market (yes I do know what I'm talking about here), if you put $100 in a stock you can only make a little money. But if you drop 50% of your portfolio, let's say $10,000,000, your going to make a ton of money, if things work out, of course. But with AFK machines, it just shortcuts the system. I am on the side of try and eliminate AFK fishing or whatever it may be. And I think it can be done by getting a plugin. I don't know if one exists, but I think there may be a plugin that kicks any player that is doing the same thing for an extended period of time. This wouldn't exactly solve digging in the desert, or the acrobatics machines, but it would help fight AFK fishers, which in my mind, is the biggest source of AFK machines. I hope we can figure this out; big farms may ruin the economy, but if everyone can get a diamond from a peice of sand, then it's really going to be in the gutter. Glad I could add my opinion.

-Silo

Last edited by silo44 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
silo44
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 am

silo44 wrote:I totally agree... Farming in bulk could create problems with the economy, but people at least farm there stuff. With AFK skill things, it gives you all of a reward for minimal effort. It's like in the stock market (yes I do know what I'm talking about here), if you put $100 in a stock you can only make a little money. But if you drop 50% of your portfolio, let's say $10,000,000, your going to make a ton of money, if things work out, of course. But with AFK machines, it just shortcuts the system. I am on the side of try and eliminate AFK fishing or whatever it may be. And I think it can be done by getting a plugin. I don't know if one exists, but I think there may be a plugin that kicks any player that is doing the same thing for an extended period of time. This wouldn't exactly solve digging in the desert, or the acrobatics machines, but it would help fight AFK fishers, which in my mind, is the biggest source of AFK machines. I hope we can figure this out; big farms may ruin the economy, but if everyone can get a diamond from a peice of sand, then it's really going to be in the gutter. Glad I could add my opinion.

-Silo

If i modified the Endermen grinder like i wanted to in the first place, You wouldn't be taking the time to do anything you'd be sitting there like a normal mob grinder, the amount of things you can level up with it is more than it's worth,
Unarmed,
Axes,
Swords,
If it were possible to hit endermen with arrows Archery would be on there too.
You level up 16 levels in 5 minutes with that endermen farm, 5 when you get to a higher level.
It's worse than fishing, The longer you stand at one end, the more that spawns down the next.

and silo,
there are no afk machines for fishers..
There's not a build for it like the acrobatics.
It's simply holding the button down..
And it's not efficient anyway because rods break so fast now, 8 minutes of constantly holding a button down the rod will break,
Afk fishing isn't as bad as what people say, It takes quite a bit to level up, It took frodo and i months of constant fishing and that was because we were competitive Razz
At one point, Every "afk fisher" will hit a level high enough that it'll take an hour and a half to level up 1 level, And with the fishing rods breaking so easy, Afk fishing will be disastrous for them.

And i know what you're thinking, Unbreaking 3 on a fishing rod?
I get my rods, All, My rods enchanted with unbreaking 3, And i also timed how long it takes for one to break when holding a button down is around 15mins, It's not enough time to level up.

At one point or another everyone gets bored with just coming online to fish and stuff Most people have given up at this point, and want their repair up which is what they were getting their fishing up for.
They'll end up breaking their button anyway.

Most people are getting sick of fishing now anyway, Let it be.
A new craze will start and everyone will be into it, Just takes time.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Wed May 01, 2013 1:34 am

Plus with the farming people,
They all changed it to automatic
And built more farms under ground.
And certain people will know who i'm hinting here.

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  x_Madi_x on Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 am

Becca wrote:
I think.. Maybe it'd be easier if we just threw bricks at people..[/color]

Agreed.

Let us party until our wieners fall off.
x_Madi_x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 on Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Becca wrote:

and silo,
there are no afk machines for fishers..
There's not a build for it like the acrobatics.
It's simply holding the button down..
And it's not efficient anyway because rods break so fast now, 8 minutes of constantly holding a button down the rod will break,
Afk fishing isn't as bad as what people say, It takes quite a bit to level up, It took frodo and i months of constant fishing and that was because we were competitive Razz
At one point, Every "afk fisher" will hit a level high enough that it'll take an hour and a half to level up 1 level, And with the fishing rods breaking so easy, Afk fishing will be disastrous for them.

And i know what you're thinking, Unbreaking 3 on a fishing rod?
I get my rods, All, My rods enchanted with unbreaking 3, And i also timed how long it takes for one to break when holding a button down is around 15mins, It's not enough time to level up.

At one point or another everyone gets bored with just coming online to fish and stuff Most people have given up at this point, and want their repair up which is what they were getting their fishing up for.
They'll end up breaking their button anyway.

Most people are getting sick of fishing now anyway, Let it be.
A new craze will start and everyone will be into it, Just takes time.[/color]

Ug this is exactly true, I didn't want to get sucked into the stupid argument about AFK fishing to tell people how little they know about it, and how it is basically eradicated by the new Minecraft update. Seriously, most of the hype spread about Arisaka was completely false anyway, 90% of the time she was afk, she was just afk. People got all worked up saying "omg kick ari for afk fishing" when she was doing nothing but sitting in her house. LP top is flawed anyway so don't cry about her boosting LP (there are a few people that barely ever play but still are on the top of the list because they afk, and some of them are doing it for the express purpose of boosting LP.) Still, since LP doesn't really mean anything, and there is no real way to efficiently counter afking besides kicking afkers (which usually ends badly anyway.) LP should just be removed or reset.
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Wed May 01, 2013 10:26 pm

And who the hell keeps down-repping me?
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:31 am

Here's my big question ... why does it matter if you get kicked, like seriously you just log right back on. You guys act like kicking is this huge punishment sometimes. It doesn't even go on your ban record like a mute or ban does. If it did I'd have at least a dozen from Becca cause she likes to mess with me and Inv3rt3d.
firstbase21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Thu May 02, 2013 9:52 am

firstbase21 wrote:Here's my big question ... why does it matter if you get kicked, like seriously you just log right back on. You guys act like kicking is this huge punishment sometimes. It doesn't even go on your ban record like a mute or ban does. If it did I'd have at least a dozen from Becca cause she likes to mess with me and Inv3rt3d.

Hey hey.. I've stopped kicking Inv3rt3d.

It's just so tempting to kick you.
I mean, your "singing", Maaaann.
ilyxoxo

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverCloud on Thu May 02, 2013 11:23 am

Becca wrote:

ilyxoxo

Becca wrote:

ilyxoxo

Becca wrote:

ilyxoxo

Becca wrote:

ilyxoxo

<:
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Thu May 02, 2013 11:37 am

" <: "

You always do this to me :c

EVERYBODY NOW!

LASLIE AND ARI SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G HEEEYY! once more time?!

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat

Last edited by Becca on Thu May 02, 2013 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Must.Add.More.Cats.)

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Thu May 02, 2013 1:39 pm

A guy using wifi in a tree, P-I-N-G-I-N-G.
Get it, ping timeout (connection timeout error on minecraft), it's an internet term. I guess I'm the guy with the dry humour and the dad jokes. ;(
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top