PerthCraft

Can we get the jobs plugin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we get the jobs plugin?

Post  Min3r_St on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Can we get the jobs plugin? It makes it so you don't have to wait 24 hours to vote. Also it gets money a bit faster. Some people have trouble getting money. If we could get it, it would make some people happier. Please consider swingingkings and Spiddles. Don't just say no as soon as you read this. Smile

Min3r_St

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get the jobs plugin?

Post  Min3r_St on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 pm

That's supposed to say Min3r_St3v3. Not Min3r_St. My name doesn't fit. -_-

Min3r_St

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

I think money is easy enough to get without jobs. Plus any more plugins would lag the server more than it needs to.
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iamsparta2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, maybe if you would make an account your full name would fit
iamsparta2
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm

He has an account...
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoskie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 pm

I agree with frodo. You could just make a huge farm and make money that way. If we had jobs then I think it would be a little to easy to get money. But if we do get the jobs plugin Swing and Spiddles might need to raise the prices to rank up quite a bit.

Zoskie
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 pm

The server already provides us with a lot of things to sell, on top of voting and on top of getting kits everyday, jobs are a bit useless. You aren't allowed a huge farm..
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoskie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Up to how big of a farm can you have?

Zoskie
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverCloud on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 am

There's no rule limiting how big a farm can be.
Personally, I think having the jobs plugin isn't that bad of an idea. Farms shouldn't be a stable source of income in the first place. They provide renewable items. Ores should have a higher value than crops, considering how the only renewable ore possible is emerald. In fact, renewable items like mob drops and crops really shouldn't even be that high in the first place; they're a piece of cake to obtain, compared to ores.

If however, the prices of crops were nuked, it'll be a good idea to get jobs plugins in. Otherwise the only source of income would be coming from non-renewable items (besides wood/cobble/ice). Main source of income can come from jobs, forcing players to stop making excessive large farms for money, and instead be more productive in other ways, whether it be building or other activities.

And I will freaking say this again:
There is no limit to how big a farm can be. If a player's willing to waste their fucking in-game time consistently farming the same crops over and over again like a no-lifer, let them be. They should not be blamed if the prices of renewable items drop; the items shouldn't be that high anyways. The fact that they're able to even MAKE that much money from crops, clearly means that there's something wrong with the prices of the crops.

But yey jobs.

Last edited by RiverCloud on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops)
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frodomann1 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 pm

RiverCloud wrote:

But yey jobs.

I say it once again, people are having no problem getting money from selling the stuff they have, people sell iron, gold, diamond, fish, food, supplies, and random stuff all the time. Jobs would just make this server have a super easy mode. Everyone would go to mining or farming, because those are the only jobs worthwhile, and once those fill up (yes they are defaulted to only have a few slots.) Others would be pissed and probably complain more than they do anyway.
Frodomann1
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Becca on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 pm

The jobs plugin will only collide with mcmmo, and getting money will be so much easier,

I do admit the prices in the BM do need to be changed,
but the jobs plugin won't suit our server :/
I know it's hard to make money and it gets annoying, but it'd be pointless if we had to change shop prices, Bm prices, rank prices, and everything else because of the money intake from jobs, even so we can reformat it and change the setting of the jobs plugin to suit our server, but do we really need another plugin that's going to give us easy money?
it's like mcmmo except instead of skill levels we get money and rank up each individual job, fair enough it's quite fun, and i have suggested it before, but we've been fine without it and i think we'd be better off without it.

I think we need to focus on a bigger picture, more outside the box, not so much as event wise as we do need more events and some are being currently worked on, but we do need other things to do seems as people are getting bored, a few people want a server wide build but with time zones and peoples creativity and judgment it'll only cause problems.

we need something that'll keep us all busy with fun for hours,days or even months, something that'll keep people playing and wanting to come online more.

Jobs is not the answer Razz

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat

Becca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top