PerthCraft

Breaking Spawners = Bannable Offense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking Spawners = Bannable Offense

Post  Psiiche on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 am

I highly reccomend we make this a rule. People are breaking each and every spawner they come across whether it is claimed or not (or protected with a sign) and WE CANNOT GET THESE BACK. I cannot roll back a spawner being broke, I have tried! It rolls back to a spawner cage with a pig in the center and nothing spawns from it.

Unless an owner is going to be on everyday to spawn one from creative or I get the ability to do this, this needs added to the rule list. Once a spawner is gone, it's gone. It can't be rolled back, it can't be spawned on a whim, and that's a half a level of experience NOW versus an infinite amount of experience if it stays up.
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Spawners = Bannable Offense

Post  Spiddles on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:36 am

If the spawner is claimed then ban the person who destroyed it, but only if it belongs to someone else. If someone finds an unclaimed spawner then they can do what they want with it.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am

I agree with Spiddles, people can do what they want but it's their loss if they break it. It shouldn't be bannable unless you broke someone elses spawner.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psiiche on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

So in a few months when we have no spawners left in the Nether for Blazes and people are qq'ing about not being able to farm blaze rods who am I blaming?

(Note you cannot use the "go buy some" excuse because not everyone has bm access and/or money.)
Psiiche
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadee on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 am

I can agree for rare spawners (Blaze spawners, can't think of any others) but for the easier ones to find, like cave spider spawners, that doesn't seem like as big a deal, unless they're claimed, of course.
Sadee
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiddles on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 am

If we put restrictions on what people can and can't do with unclaimed items it takes away some of the adventure. The world is 8000 x 8000 blocks in size, the odds of two people even finding the same spawner is pretty damn low, and they're not exactly rare. Not to mention the fact that we would have to tell every current member and every new member that breaking spawners is considered griefing, because I don't know of any other servers that have that rule.

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Inv3rt3d on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

Being honest, after a while, being to only break cave spider spawners are a good idea. There's farm and there's pests, those cave spiders are pests but the income possible from spawners can be quite high.
Inv3rt3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milly4life on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

I agree with Psiiche, my spawners were destroyed by greifers before i had the chance to put a sign on them. But what if you can only destroy one spawner per day, or something like that it would have stopped half the greif, and would help solve Psiiche worry of all the spawners being destroyed. Its kinda like how there are almost no cows in the world, because most people just kill them for a quick book instead of breading them and making a ton of bookcases out of two cows. But the problem is that people who already have spawners don't see a need to make a second mob spawner out of it unless it has more spawners than the one they already have. The only problem i have with people destroying random spawners is when they break two or three that are all within the 32 block radius. if we can stop that then let people decide what they want to do with isolated spawners.
milly4life
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  firstbase21 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am

What I'm worried about is the lack of Blaze spawners in the nether... I had my home set next to a blaze spawner that I had put up a bunch of torches around and built a grinder of sorts for, but it got broke by someone looking for quick levels. Now I've been running around in the nether trying to find another spawner but I honestly can't find a fortress that hasn't been torn apart by someone... I think at least breaking blaze spawners should be a griefing offense. There just to rare and valuable these days.
firstbase21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonMaster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:21 pm

firstbase21 wrote:What I'm worried about is the lack of Blaze spawners in the nether... I had my home set next to a blaze spawner that I had put up a bunch of torches around and built a grinder of sorts for, but it got broke by someone looking for quick levels. Now I've been running around in the nether trying to find another spawner but I honestly can't find a fortress that hasn't been torn apart by someone... I think at least breaking blaze spawners should be a griefing offense. There just to rare and valuable these days.
I agree.

DragonMaster
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverCloud on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:36 am

Why not just make sure to private the spawner as soon as you can? If you don't want the spawner destroyed, try your best to place that sign onto it as soon as possible. If someone stumbles upon a spawner that isn't privated, perhaps is cleared, and the person who found it has left no message or sign that asks players to leave it alone, I don't see what's so bad about destroying it. (Although the person might as well just put the sign onto the spawner itself instead.)

It's not hard to private a spawner; if you're serious on making sure it doesn't get destroyed by someone, place the sign.
RiverCloud
Perthcraftian
Perthcraftian

View user profile http://livinginminecraft.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top